Well hello everyone! How many of you are ready for the holidays? I know I'm not but I am well on my way to preparing and saving. Seems every year I say the same old thing " next year I will start planning earlier " and every year it sneaks up on me. I thought I might share a few ideas I've already started working on to make a few extra bucks. No matter what our budget is, whether big or small, spending wisely is always a great idea. It can be fun too to see how much we can do with a little thought and creativity.
I know that perhaps these ideas are not new to all of you, but then again maybe they are. Not to mention these are proven ways to earn money and quick savings. So I hope that you find something on my list of tips that can help you earn a little extra cash and not break your budget. There is no better time than now to start planning.
One of my favorite and quite successful ways to earn extra money is by having a garage/yard sale. With a little creativity and displaying your items well, some great bargaining skills garage sales can be a huge success. People are always looking for ways to save and what better way than one of these sales. Your gently but outgrown cloth items and other household items can be someone else's treasure. Two key tips
1) sort all your items as best you can by categories.
2) Place garage sale signs in VERY visible places EASY to read bright poster-board signs.
3)Craig's List is another great way to advertise your sale and free, avid garage salers will definitely be at your door step first thing!
Recently I started cutting down on my spending and started looking for ways to save. As I started calculating all our expenses I found a way to cut back and substantially. Its not an idea we haven't heard before, but something I have always thought well, that's other people not me. Not true, perhaps with a couple or a single person eating takeout or fast-food may not be such a huge deal but with a family of 5 it can quickly take a huge chunk out of your budget. Why not consider temporarily cutting back on takeout and fast-food short term. It will help meet you holiday savings goal. Its a quick effective way to save money for the holidays. On an average I would say each individual who eats out regularly spends approx $10 a day to eat out sometimes even more. Consider eating out half the time and watch that savings build quickly at about $40 a week from hear to the holidays! Get your self a sack lunch with some healthy and fun foods or left-overs from dinner and there you go.... instant savings.
Or perhaps if time permits take on an extra side job, or turn a special skill you have in to a money making opportunity for yourself part-time. You can have fun while your at it. For instance, I love to create floral arrangements. I host a Holiday Craft Bingo....prizes are holiday craft decorations I created! Winners can decorate their home for the holidays with their craft winnings , or they can use as gifts for their friends and family. How great is that!
A personal favorite idea of mine is to create my own gifts with unique personalized touches. Best of all you spend little to no money. Try creating gift cards with a special promise to gift to them with a services you will provide. Examples are 1 free babysitting night or car wash, etc.... these are things they would've had to pay someone else and will help them save as well. It will give them great comfort to know their kids are with friends or family or their car will get that extra special detail done to it. Cool!
Well for now this is it...I will share with you as I think of things and find more ways to save. Please share any great savings tips you have I would love to hear from you. Great savings all!

No comments:
Post a Comment