Some interesting thoughts and ideas have come to mind. Lately, while reflecting back and taking a hard look at my life I can't help but feel some mixed feelings of sadness. Yet as I grow closer and learn more about our creator he has given me the gift of hope. I continue to find ways to pursue those things that are embedded in my heart to seek and work at defining MY life. My wish is to live a life with great purpose as HE intended, I realize I serve many roles in one way shape or form but deep down I yearn to seek what makes or defines ME besides all my other roles in life. Yes I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister etc.... but I am still searching for what makes my life ME aside from my other roles. I can picture my ideal life but I can't quite find a way to pull it all together.
GOD has been putting some ideas in my mind as I sleep, and during my quiet-time. Some quite doable, some a little over-the-top, for me anyway. I have always struggled to think and envision big over the top ideas, lack of confidence I suppose. I have thought of writing a book someday. Or maybe perhaps even a few books would be great. I would love to own a quaint little boutique/cafe/book-club type of business that would welcome women who need a place for a little quiet-time and pampering while sharing with each other and sharing the love of Christ. I love to read books or blogs that are beautifully written. I have also considered studying about becoming a Christian counselor. For me it is very fulfilling to help others. I want to make my home a place that reflects all the colors, decor, aromas and homey feeling that would be a reflection of the love for my family. My home is beautiful, but lacking in the "homey" feeling. Lately I have stopped from putting that extra special touch in all the nooks and crannies of it.
Why you would ask?....Well that's a tough question.I don't have a clear answer. Perhaps the answer may be locked way back in the back of my mind because I really don't want to know the answer. That is some tough soul searching I have been working on.
For now....I think I am going to start working on a plan that I think may help. I hope it will give me structure, better use of my time. I am seeking the LORD for his guidance however I suspect that he is going to make me face some difficult truths before he answers my prayers but I am DEFINITELY ready for change. I don't want to be self-condemning I simply want to start living life to the fullest.
I pray that the LORD bless me, all of us, with an abundance of knowledge, ambition, drive and courage to try new things. I pray that he reveal all the potential I, we, have to achieve and become all that he intended me, us, to be. If I were to be asked "What is it that you do?" I would like to answer I am a Christian wife and mother of three children who also .......etc....I need to fill in the "also."
Deep down in my gut I want to be a homemaker/business owner/ therapist .....lol... with lots of little gifts and talents that are pleasing to the Lord to me and serve others. Seems so unrealistic at times, perhaps someday soon it will come to pass for me. All in his timing. One thing, this journey in my life will forever be something I cherish. For the Lord has not abandoned me he has spoken to my heart and never gave up on me when I took a path not his way. He gently guided me back on track and waited for me. I now know when I trust in the LORD anything is possible. Somewhere deep down I don't believe I am worthy or capable of achieving all of these things. Yet the LORD says I am worthy. I would love to have the time I need with my kids and create wonderful memories with them, I would love to be the young attractive wife...hehe.. that my husband would just relish at having by his side (he says he does but I want to FEEL attractive), YET the LORD says I am made perfectly in his image. I want to be the best homemaker I can possibly be. I want to be the best daughter that a mother deserves.The best friend that can lend a shoulder for someone to lean on. The best stranger that can bring a smile to the down trodden and lonely. One thing though.....HOW do I do it all????
Well I think the LORD has given me a plan. Through reflection and prayer the LORD has revealed to me a few things.
1. Stop worrying
2. fervent prayer
3. faith that he will provide and pave the way
4. definitely better self-discipline on #1, #2, #3
5. work on time and money management...
Without further delay today was the first day of my plan in action. I will continue to log-in (for self-accountability and progress check) with my daily progress.

I can relate to your words here. Thank you for taking your thoughts and transforming them into words. I pray God continues to guide you on this journey of self-accountabiity. Blessings friend!
ReplyDelete