Have you all ever heard of the movie "Waiting to Exhale?" This story follows the lives of four African-American women as they try to deal with their very lives. Friendship becomes the strongest bond between these women as men, careers, and families take them in different directions . Often light-hearted this movie speaks about some of the problems and struggles the modern women face in today's world.
Honestly, it was not one of my personal favorite movies but I really loved the title. The title does have a certain familiar ring to it for many of us. I know sometimes I get so busy I forget to exhale! Probably what I liked most about this movie is the plot. Their tight friendship and the real-life struggles they faced were like-real life.
All though times could be tough in times past I remember it was not like the struggles today. Now for many it is hard to find time and busyness and exhaustion is a norm. Simplicity was not such a bad thing. People were content and connected with each other. They were more realistic about how much was enough FAMILY was a priority. For some now it feels like they can't seem to get up early enough or have enough hours in a day. They don't have time to EXHALE!
Well that was my thought until not long ago. Truth of the matter is we live a life where many have one speed and one speed only. Eventually something gives to some sort of consequence. Consequence of extreme fatigue, bad relationship, stress, poor time and money management etc.... however, the good news is we still have a choice. Through GODS word and others sharing their experiences of how busyness affects them, we can learn how important it is NOT to over work ourselves and how to prioritize.
Some persons wont even consider changing. The thought of it scares them and they avoid change. Not even for the sake of better health, better relationships, and less emphasis on status and materialism in exchange for MORE peace of mind and happiness. We have been conditioned to feel that this is the way life was meant to be a "just deal with it" "do what it takes" attitude. Granted those are not bad ideals all together but can be if you take it to far.
What a relief it is for me to know that GOD calls us to rest "Be still and know that HE is GOD".....I don't know about you, but I love that! Our mission here on earth is not what we have created in our own minds. To succeed and acquire at any expense is not our purpose here, we are here to bring the word of GOD to the lost and be his disciples. Everything else will fall into place when we do this with faith. What a relief it is to know that it is not for me to solve EVERYTHING! All he asks us to do is to be obedient and ask HIM and we will receive his mercy and his peace. Remain humble. He promises to give you rest if you stay in his word.
One special tool/gift he blessed us with is the gift of friendship, this is what this movie is based upon it is an awesome gift! I can testify that if it were not for the gift of friendship my story would be a different story today. GOD placed some priceless beautiful friends in my life to bring me HIS peace and comfort. He blessed me with some of his strongest warriors. Can't stress enough enough the value of a true friend, I pray that he bless all of you with the gift of friendship.
I hope this gave you some insight and encouragement, I will post some scripture within a couple of days that I love to meditate on and I pray that it will give you the encouragement that it gives me to know that this life brings us is all only temporary. Praise GOD! Please if you feel called to share your experience I welcome it. Perhaps you can encourage someone and put a smile on their face. Thank you all ahead of time and blessings.

No comments:
Post a Comment