Tuesday, January 4, 2011

FOR MY DETERMINED PURPOSE IS....


Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible)

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power out flowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

Many years I spent confused and misinterpreted GODS word, truthfully, I read little but expected much. Before my journey in search of GOD I was in a tug-of-war in my mind between what I perceived was truth and GODS truth. I gathered all the little bits of "GOD advice," not directly from HIS bible, and instead heard it second-hand, tainted with each persons perception. I took that advice,as well intended as it was, but not accurate, twisted and turned it as I perceived. Always lots of  "Static" going on in my mind, heartaches and deep pain and sadness stirring in my soul. Along the way as I continued in search of comfort, of hope, the Holy Spirit answered me. Doors began to open and some slammed shut. Waves of emotion at times insisting on re-opening some old wounds determined to make sense and ALWAYS wanting to figure out why me. I would pray and doubt all at once. I prayed in the name of faith yet questioned why the LORD had abandoned me. I allowed my feelings to navigate my days. I used unanswered prayers as an excuse not to spend time in HIS WORD. I thought after-all if HE was GOD, HE would never have allowed such pain.
The best thing, despite my discouragement, I never stopped seeking. One day GOD revealed to me HE was listening. How did I know you ask? You just know without a doubt. In several of my posts here on my blog I mention friends. They have played a huge role leading me to build a relationship with CHRIST. Through friends who are Christians and have experienced an relationship with GOD, they described to me their experience.Through bible study tools which show you about prayer and guide you how to know  where GOD is leading you. GOD communicates many different ways such as the bible, circumstances, people, dreams etc.... my experience happened to be through awesome Christian women and prayer warriors. The Holy Spirit used them to guide me and and inspire me. However, every one's encounter is unique because each one of us is unique to HIM. I suspect HE answered my prayer when I said "LORD you know I have never been able to always understand things simply by just listening, I need to see, I need to feel." So prayer answered! HE sent me wonderful GODLY women eager to show me the way and embraced me with kind and loving hearts.
BOY what a Revelation it has been! It is an awesome feeling and I am so in love with our LORD. I can no longer have enough of HIM....HE is the only thing that quenches my thirst and fills the gaps.
Friends embrace your trials as a gift from GOD. HE is and always will be here for us HE will NOT forsake us. Make it your determined purpose to know HIM, to get acquainted with HIM, as you do he will help you perceive and recognize HIM.Then the most amazing thing happens, you begin to see the most amazing powers flowing out from HIM. HE reveals this to you out of joy that you seek HIM.Then you will be able to share in HIS sufferings and endure what our worldly worries and pain bring upon you.  A relationship with CHRIST as I have said before, will not exclude you from pain. As Christians we walk in the steps of the LORD to imitate HIM. We all know the pain HE endured all the way to the cross. In HIS life here on earth HE demonstrated HIS faith to HIS father by faith and endurance. Keep this at the forefront of your thoughts, especially when you are in the midst of trials.Use his gift, the body and blood of CHRIST and all it promises and continue to stay in faith, share HIS word and HE will shower you with mercy and grace and love so much that your cup will overflow.
Meditate on this VS over this New Year, keep it close to you and wait and see how HE will reveal himself in ways you could never have imagined. All HE wants is a relationship with you for HIS huge sacrifice of HIS ONLY SON! That in itself should eliminate any doubt that HE loves us and know HE will not forsake us. Just realize that even HE, while here on earth, was not exempt from pain.  HE endures even our trials and pain and sorrow to this day so that we may spend eternity in heaven. Blessings to you all and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment