Sunday, September 26, 2010

TIS MY FAVORITE SEASON IS FALL!!

Without a doubt Fall is my favorite season of the year!! I love the feel of the crisp air and the colors of the deep deep blue sky and the sparkly cool midnight sky. Fall brings the beginning of all the wonderful planning and great feelings of anticipation of the holidays that soon follow. For some reason in the fall suddenly all my creative juices start to flow and so I begin to create crafts and ideas and find just the perfect place to put them in our home.
I can spend hours looking at different ideas in books, magazines, websites etc.... just absorbing all of the cute ideas that I will pull together from my pile of select favorites. It is wonderful and fun to just be free to create and display our own personalized pieces of work,crafts and other ideas and make our home "feel" homey!!
For me, this particular year will be especially wonderful. For not only have I been piecing together ideas and making lists of things to beautify our home but I have
been piecing together ideas to beautify myself. Now before you imagine I mean cosmetically.... NOT....well perhaps some, for after all I am a woman and all women love to invest in being fashionably fashionable. No, I mean I have been doing some spiritual beautifying and reconstruction. Oh and let me tell you what a task that has been! On the flip-side, what a refreshing feeling it is. The weightless feeling is above describing. I have learned that when we are connected inside to our creator it just emanates from us without effort on to all that we do. Everyday I wake-up thanking GOD for my blessings.Always try to keep a goal not only to brighten up and beautify my home but love the opportunity to find a way where I can brighten the day of another soul.
On that note, I would like to challenge you all to try an idea I have. We all love to have our homes decorated to reflect our taste and to feel how we like it best for us. Why? Because, well, we love to have a beautiful home to share with our families and to reflect who we are. And what does that do for us? Well, for me, it brings me joy and it simply just makes me feel good. How wonderful would it be if we could just take a piece of our treasured ideas and creations and share that with someone else. I mean lets face it, we all know it is really nice to have these things and we all know that it is fun to create. The truth of the matter though is there are those that struggle to provide the most basic of things to survive let alone have the ability to spend on a non-essential thing such as decor. What a shame. I just want to plant the idea in your minds that as we bring in this beautiful season of Fall and we beautify our homes and release our creative juices that we brighten someone else day just because! Yes, just because, no thought to expense, no need to have a reason, just do it. I suspect our creator would rejoice! For after all the point that I am trying to get at is for us to broaden our thought from just beautifying OUR homes and OURSELVES to take it a step farther. We can bring a beautiful flower in a vase, a pretty picture in a frame, a beautiful throw blanket or a special craft creation of your own to help bring in the season for our neighbors, friends or even a stranger. And even one step farther, do it without any expectations, do it just because. Right before our eyes we will have created a whole different level of beauty. The beauty of sharing, loving and compassion and sharing our GOD given blessings to beautify our homes and extend it to someone else just because.
Soooo.... that said I hope to see all of your beautiful crafts and ideas and thank you all for sharing your beautiful creations. I just love to put my fingers to work and be creative and decorate and just relish in the smiles it brings me, my family and friends who get to enjoy them. Till the next time all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment